Online market research has many disciplines. These are our specialties:
What is the main goal of my market research project?
Before you start a research project, the goal (or the problem definition) should be clear. That seems obvious, but when a market research project is not well defined, it will not provide the right results for the decisions you have to make.
- Determine whether there is a need for market research
- Define the problem (main research goal)
- Determine what information you need to understand the problem
What is my target audience?
Without a proper segmentation of the target audience, market research is meaningless. Decide what the your target audience is, based on the demographic and socio-graphic features and determine the right sample size.
- Determine the target audience
- Determine the amount of respondents (sample size)
- Determine the background characteristics of your target audience
What research method is the best?
There are many types of quantitative and qualitative market research. Which method for your market research suits best, regarding the research goal and target audience? Making a choice requires expertise in this field of a specialist.
- Check out the advantages and disadvantages of different research methods
- Select a research method that matches your target audience
- Use your own email files, your own customer panel or our EUpanel
Do it yourself or outsource the market research project?
Market research is a profession. Anyone can conduct a survey, but when you need a clear answer to the research questions, it requires expertise and experience. If you haven’t got this expertise in-house, you can better find a good market research agency.
- Create a shortlist of agencies that are experienced in your business
- Check their ISO-certification
- Get quotations and compare them considering costs and quality
How do I analyze and present the data?
It is not difficult to gather a lot of data. The point is to analyze and interpret the data, and present it in such a way, that it is easy to make a decision.
- Decide if you want to analyze the data yourself or not
- Communicate the results internally in your organization
- Implement the results of the research project into your strategy